Safety Tips for Children & Pets at Halloween
- Make sure costumes are not dragging on the ground as kids can trip and fall.
- Wear comfortable shoes and trick-r-treat preferably in a group.
- Use florescent tape on costume or carry a flashing becon or light stick to be seen by drivers.
- Kids should stay on sidewalk and only cross the street carefully.
- Buy Flame-Retardant costumes and wigs.
- Tell your kids "NEVER enter a house or car for a treat".
- Wait to eat candy until they bring it home and parents check it.
- Throw out any opened or unpackaged foods/candy.
- If your child gets something suspicious, call the police.
- Small children should not trick-r-treat without a parent.
- In cold weather, put long underwear and socks underneath the costume.
- At parties, make sure kids do not grab alcoholic drinks in glasses or punch bowl.
- Give your children a good dinner before going out so they do drag coming home. (I used to have to carry my toddlers home)
- Buy battery operated candles so there is no open flame on porch or near children.
- Give kids baskets or bags with handles for easy handling.
- Put the pets up in a room so they will not get scared and run out the door when opened.
- Make sure your pets do not get into the candy bowl as sugar and chocolate can be fatal.
Have a Happy Halloween................
I've lived in Southern California all my life. I love this area in the Inland Empire and I enjoy sharing. My many years here have given me the expertise as a REALTOR® . If you need real estate information for to sell or buy in the Inland Empire...please give me a call.
Kristin Hamilton, Realtor
Keller Williams Realty
301 W 3rd Street, Redlands CA 92373
Mobile- (909) 557-6966