National Pasta Day- Celebrate With a Recipe
Pasta is a type of noodle of traditional Italian cuisine, with the first reference dating to 1154 in Sicily and first attested in English in 1874. Typically, it is made from unleavened dough of durum wheat flour that is mixed with water or eggs and formed into sheets or various shapes. It is then cooked and served in a variety of dishes.
Shrimp and Zucchini Fettuccine Alfredo
1 lb. Fettuccine, dry
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
1 zucchini, medium— cut into 2” x 1/4” sticks
1 lb. shrimp, large, peeled and deveined
1 cup dry white wine
3/4 tsp. black pepper
3/4 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. butter
Dash parsley, chopped
8 lemon wedges
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium heat while pasta is cooking.
- Add chopped garlic and parsley; cook for 1 minute. Add zucchini and cook another minute. Add shrimp, wine, salt, pepper and butter. Stir well and cook shrimp for 5 minutes or until they are no longer opaque. Let sauce simmer to thicken slightly.
- Add drained pasta to mixture and toss to blend all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pile pasta onto serving platter. Place the shrimp and zucchini to the top. Squeeze two lemon wedges over dish; garnish with remaining wedges and parsley. Serves 4+ and takes approximately 30 minutes to prepare.
Celebrate National Pasta Month by going to your favorite Italian restaurant. My favorite place is the Olive Garden. Go to www.olivegarden.com.
Thanks for reading my real estate blog.
Need a Great Realtor in San Bernardino & Riverside?
Google me here...Kristin Hamilton 909.557.6966.
CDPE, SFR, CHS, BPOR, BA , GREEN
Sun Lakes Realty, Kristin Hamilton BRE-01492138