10 Tips for Home Buyers
by Kristin Hamilton, Realtor
1. Look on the Internet and write down your absolute musts; Features and Locations.
2. Let your real estate agent know what you "Must Have" and "Would Like".
3. Look on the Internet and preferable have your agent set you up a search with the perimeters requested.
4. Take notes while looking at homes.
5. Bring your measurements if you have some big furniture or issues.
6. Get prequalified with a direct lender or someone recommended by your agent.
7. Based on your budget, decide on your top price to offer and do not go over it.
8. Try not to go with something you do not like but wait until you find that perfect home. But .......sometimes you cannot wait forever if your expectations are not obtainable.
9. When you find a few homes you like and feel confused, go back for a second look.
10. Once you find it, do not wait to put in an offer, as you will kick yourself when it goes PENDING. This happens over and over so learn from others who lost the home they really desired.
Here is a helpful video from Houzz.com.