Gay Friendliest Cities- The Top 15 in the United States
1. Washington, DC
2. 2. Pasadena, CA
3. Seattle, WA
4. Cambridge, MA
5. Atlanta, GA
6. St. Louis, MO
7. Madison, WI
8. Salt Lake City, UT
9. Oakland, CA
10. Arlington, VA
11. San Francisco, CA
12. Rochester, NY
13. Orlando, FL
14. Long Beach, CA
15. Pittsburgh, PA
Categories below were used to determine the cities ranking.
A. Statewide elected officials
B. women's colleges
C. Lesbian coupled-headed households
D. Elected officials
E. Mariah Carey concert dates
F. Lady Gaga concert dates
G. Pink concert dates
H. Jona Brothers Concert dates
I. Gay Rodeo association
J. Best Gay Bars per Out magazine
Points earned by items A–J yield a point subtotal, which is divided by the population within the city limits, then multiplied by 1000000 to create a raw score, which is used to determine rank.
Here are some of the highlights of the 15 cities.
- Pittsburgh got two points for having 2 women’s Colleges in the city; Chatham and Carlow.
- Long Beach has one of the nation’s largest “Pride” events.
- Orlando has Gay Days at Disneyworld and the International Fringe Festival.
- Rochester has a pride event and many LGBT activities in Finger Lakes community.
- San Francisco is considered Gay Friendly in all communities in the city.
- Arlington has 3 LGBT elected officials, a gay rodeo assoc, and the Arlington Gay & Lesbian Alliance.
- Oakland the highest number of Lesbian couples in the United States.
- Salt Lake City has a huge gay pride parade and many bars and couples.
- Madison is known for it's nightlife bars, it's coffee houses, and a popular bookstore.
- St. Louis is known for it's open-mindedness; bars, hotels, gay rodeo assoc and 3 elected officials.
- Atlanta has Spellman, an all women's college, a Gay pride and black gay pride and the famous mondoHomo festival yearly.
- Cambridge is known for voting in the antidiscrimination against transgender persons in 1997 and has elected officials.
- Seattle's Capital Hill's gay headquarters has many venues for guys and gals including restaurants, bars and a famous boutique hotel.
- Pasadena has gay friendly churches, bars and restaurants, the "Pasadena Lesbian Book Club" and elected officials.
- Washington DC has 17 elected officials, gay friendly neighborhoods and nightlife.
This shows that the United States has come a long way. California has quite a few on this list and shows they are very progressive.
Thanks for Reading my Blog
Kristin Hamilton BRE #01492138 Keller Williams Realty –WCR Member– I am a full time agent and deal in all types of real estate transactions. Trusts, Probate, Short Sales, Standard Listing, Single Family Homes, Apartments 1-4 units, Duplexes and Condos. I am also an experienced REO agent. I sell real estate in the Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange, and Los Angeles Counties. I am a trained and experienced Short Sale agent. If you are looking for a professional and experienced agent, I am just a click away. Google me at Kristin Hamilton-Real Estate Agent. Homeowners and Buyers both will find my services top notch and successful. Call me to sell your home; both traditional and short sales.
Subscribe to my blog; “Kristin’s Inland Empire Blog- www.kristinhamiltonblog.com.
If you want to sell your home, call Kristin @909-557-6966 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need a Great Realtor in San Bernardino & Riverside?
Google me here...Kristin Hamilton 909.557.6966.
CDPE, SFR, CHS, BPOR, BA , GREEN
Sun Lakes Realty, Kristin Hamilton BRE-01492138