A Pair of Road Runners and their Secrets
My friend sent me these pictures she took at a lounge called ‘Wine and Roses’ in Yucca Valley, CA.
These two roadrunners, "Elmer" and his honey hang around and are celebrities in Yucca Valley. They have been showing up for about 4 years. The one bird is eating some raw hamburger meat.
I found some interesting facts about roadrunners:
1. They will hang around and adapt to humans quite well.
2. Do not like cats so they will not make a nest if a cat lives nearby. Cats avoid roadrunners but will eat the babies from a nest.
3. Roadrunners will get the edge on a snake and beat it to death and then eat it like spaghetti.
4. They cannot fly but will flap their wings and can soar a hundred feet. They usually just bebop down the street.
5. They can jump really high and since they are quick, they can grab an insect or bird right out of the air.
6. Roadrunners do not beep.
7. The curator at the Palm Springs Desert Museum says he showed pedestrians a picture of a roadrunner and an eagle and ask if they knew what kind of birds they were. 55% were correct about the roadrunner but only 17% knew it was an eagle. The rest thought it was a hawk, vulture, or buzzard. Very sad since the eagle is our national bird.
Kristin Hamilton DRE #014092138 Keller Williams Realty -I sell real estate in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties commonly called the Inland Empire. I am a trained and experienced Short Sale agent. If you are looking for a professional and experienced agent, I am just a click away. Google me at Kristin Hamilton-Real Estate Agent. Homeowners and Buyers both will find my services top notch and successful. Call me to sell your home; both traditional and short sales.
California is a dream come true state no matter what your needs or wants are. We have year round warm weather, beautiful beaches, rustic mountains and desert communities. If you are looking for a home in southern California, please contact me. I am a local California Realtor, live in the Inland Empire community and aware of the local market. I am here to help you find a home or to sell the home you currently own. California has great opportunities to view Nature and Bird Watching. Whatever your needs are, you will find it here in California! From the Inland Empire you are 45 minutes to the beaches, mountains or desert. Housing is affordable in the Inland Empire area!
Subscribe to my blog; “Kristin’s Inland Empire Blog- www.kristinhamiltonblog.com.
If you want to sell your home, call Kristin @909-557-6966 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org