Happy Belated National Dog Appreciation Day
National Dog Appreciation Day on August 26th has been celebrated every year since 2004. The purpose of the holiday is to show appreciation for the millions of the dogs in the U.S. that keep us safe and bring us comfort and companionship. We must not forget the dogs who are service animals and work for the police departments.
Here are 13 suggestions:
- Adopt a dog from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a dog or play with a dog, clean cages or anything else they need help with.
- Have a safety check of your home to make sure it’s safe for your dog and others.Make sure the dogs cannot get out of your fence in the yard.
- Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations. In our area we have YAPS.
- Write your Congressman and ask that he/she support the ban of Puppy Mills and city shelters that are not no-kill shelters.
- Have a National Dog Day party and invite all your friends and their dogs!
- Spend the day taking photos of your dog.
- Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their dog.
- Buy your dog a fun new dog toy or chewy sticks.
- Give your dog some fun exercise by taking him or her to a doggy day care.
- Brush your dog to eliminate excess fur.
- Give your dog a massage or holistic spa treatment.
- Teach your dog a new trick.
- Buy your dog a fashionable collar and leash.
- Give your dogs hugs and kisses every day not just on Dog Apprec. Day.
Here is my dog asleep at my desk. I don't usually get photos of her with her eyes shut.
Thanks for Reading my Real Estate Blog........
California is a dream-come-true state no matter what your needs or wants are. We have year round warm weather, beautiful beaches, rustic mountains and desert communities. If you are looking for a home in Southern California, please contact me. I am a local California Realtor, live in the Inland Empire community and am aware of the local market. I am here to help you find a home or to sell the home you currently own. California has great opportunities to view Nature and Bird Watching. Whatever your needs are, you will find it here in California! From the Inland Empire you are 45 minutes to the beaches, mountains or desert. Housing is affordable in the Inland Empire area!
Kristin Hamilton- CalBRE #01492138 Keller Williams Realty–Women's Council of Realtors® Board Member. I am a full time agent and deal in all types of real estate transactions. Trusts, Probate, Short Sales, Standard Listing, Single Family Homes, Apartments 1-4 units, Duplexes and Condos. I am also an experienced REO agent. I sell real estate in the Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange, and Los Angeles Counties. I am a trained and experienced Short Sale agent. If you are looking for a professional and experienced agent, I am just a click away. Google me at Kristin Hamilton-Real Estate Agent. Homeowners and Buyers both will find my services top notch and successful. Call me to sell your home; both traditional and short sales.
Subscribe to my blog; “Kristin’s Inland Empire Blog- www.kristinhamiltonblog.com.
If you want to sell your home, call Kristin @909-557-6966 or email me at email@example.com
Google me at Kristin Hamilton, Keller Williams Realty, Redlands, CA. ©